Sora -- the app for eBooks and audiobooks! Get it now!
Steps on a smartphone or tablet: (for a Chromebook or computer, go to https://soraapp.com and follow the same procedure).
1. Go to your app store: Google Play or the Apple Store
- Search for Sora (you want Sora, by Overdrive)
- Get the app and open it
2. Find My School
- Choose “Greater Sacramento Schools, Rocklin Unified School District” if it is listed. If so, skip to #3.
- If you do not see it, click on “My school isn’t listed”.
- Search for “Rocklin”.
- It will say: Greater Sacramento Schools, Rocklin Unified School District.
3. Click “This is my School”.
- Sign in to your school.
- Select Rocklin Unified School District.
4. Select “sign in using …
- Link to your school Google account,
- Enter your user ID and password for your RUSD account.
That’s about it. Easy, huh?
You can send most borrowed eBooks from Sora to Kindle. After logging into Sora and borrowing a book, follow these steps:
- Go to Shelf > Loans.
- Tap Options.
- Tap Send to device.
- Tap Send to Kindle (U.S. only) to go to Amazon.
- From Amazon, you can finish sending the eBook to your Kindle:
- If you're signed into Amazon, choose your device from the "Deliver to:" menu. Then, tap Get library book.
- If you're not signed into Amazon, tap Get library book and sign in. Then, choose a device to deliver the book to.
- Tap Close in the top-right corner to go back to Sora.
You can also make Kindle your preferred reading device to go to Amazon right after you borrow eBooks.
Ebsco - Ebsco Information Services provide you with access to publications and databases for
7:15 - 3:30 Tuesday through Thursday.
7:15 - 3:00 Friday.
7:15 - 1:00 Minimum days.
A current Rocklin High School ID card is required.
Materials which can be checked out include: books, textbooks, and back issues of magazines.
A fine of 10 cents per day will be imposed on late materials (excluding weekends and holidays).
No food, gum, or beverages of any kind are allowed in the library.
No loud talking or disturbing others.
Students must have a signed and dated pass to use library resources during class.