Student Grades are available online and are updated regularly. If you have a question, please contact your teacher
NC= less than 70%
Physical Education, by nature, requires regular attendance and participation. Excessive absences or lack of participation will directly affect your successful completion of each quarter.
Freshmen Classes: 50% of your grade comes from partcipation
30% of your grade comes from daily fitness activities (strength/flexibility/cardio)
20% of your grade comes from testing (written, skills, etc..)
Elective Classes: 80% Participation/Fitness
Students start each semester with 100% with the goal of keeping it that way.
Listed below are things that can affect a student's grade in a negative manner along with a sample gradebook from Schoology*. Please note: Daily assignments are worth "0" points because students have already earned the points. The goal would be to have NO score for those assignments meaning that a student has been dressed out and participating daily.
* shows only daily assignments does not include any written assignments or testing.
1. Incomplete Uniform (IU) will reduce the grade 2.5% for each missing piece of the PE Uniform. Example: black shorts or a green shirt.
2. Each non-suit (NS) will reduce your final grade by 10% . Clothes worn to school cannot be used for P.E. and will result in a non-suit. (This includes “game day” attire for athletes)
3. Class cuts (unexcused absences) will reduce the final quarter grade by 10% of quarter grade.
Cuts are determined by the RHS attendance office.
4. Non-participation will result in a reduction of your final grade as follows*:
NP-5= Not participating to the expected level for each activity in a class
period will reduce the final grade by ONE HALF GRADE (5%).
NP-10= Not participating the entire class period will reduce the final
grade by ONE FULL GRADE(10% ).
* participation may be separated in to general class activities and fitness activities
5. Tardies will reduce the final grade by ONE HALF GRADE (5%).
6. Each absence beyond two, excused or unexcused, in any quarter will reduce the final quarter grade by ONE HALF GRADE (5%) for each absence.
7. Misconduct (M)- any unacceptable behavior as defined by RHS code of conduct will result in the in the loss of up to ONE FULL GRADE (10%) for the grading period.
Students must earn a 70% or above and complete all Essential Skills in order to earn credit for the semester
Excessive absences from class and failing to dress for activity, are the main reasons students earn a No Credit resulting in repeating Physical Education courses.