Student Grades are available online and are updated regularly. If you have a question, please contact your teacher
NC= less than 70%
Physical Education, by nature, requires regular attendance and participation. Excessive absences or lack of participation will directly affect your successful completion of each quarter.
* grading is based on quarter activities. Students must pass BOTH quarters in order to earn credit for the semester. (Quarter grades are averaged to determine final grade)
Freshmen Classes: 70% of your grade comes from partcipation
20% of your grade comes from written assignments/tests
and skill tests
10% of your grade comes from Cardio Assessments which are
considered essential skills
Elective Classes: 80% participation
10% Cardio Assessments (Essential Skills)
1. Incomplete Uniform (IU) will reduce the final quarter grade by ONE QUARTER GRADE (2.5%) for each missing piece of the PE Uniform. Example: black shorts
2. Each non-suit (NS) will reduce your final quarter grade by 10 points (10% of quarter grade). Clothes worn to school cannot be used for P.E. and will result in a non-suit (This includes “game day” attire for athletes)
3. Class cuts will reduce the final quarter grade by 10 points (10% of quarter grade).
Cuts are determined by the RHS attendance office.
4. Non-participation will result in a reduction of your final quarter grade as follows:
NP-5= Not participating to the expected level for each activity in a class
period will reduce the final quarter grade by ONE HALF GRADE.
NP-10= Not participating the entire class period will reduce the final quarter
grade by 10 points (10% of quarter grade).
5. Tardies will reduce the final quarter grade by ONE HALF GRADE.
6. Each absence beyond two, excused or unexcused, in any quarter will reduce the final quarter grade by ONE HALF GRADE (5%) for each absence.
7. Misconduct (M)- any unacceptable behavior as defined by RHS code of conduct will result in the in the loss of up to ONE FULL GRADE (10%) for the grading period.
8. Semester Grades are determined by averaging quarter grades.
Students must earn a 70% or above in EACH quarter receive a passing grade for the semester.
Quarter grades earned above 70% will be averaged to determine the semester grade.
Excessive absences from class, failing to dress for activity, and or failing to pass written/skills tests are the main reasons students earn a No Credit, resulting in repeating Physical Education courses