- FIRST AID and INJURIES
- Asthma/Chronic Conditions affecting Participation
- SHORT TERM - less than 5 weeks
- LONG TERM
REPORT ALL INJURIES TO YOUR TEACHER IMMEDIATELY
Basic first aid supplies are available in the P.E. offices for accidents and injuries that occur during class time. Students requiring more medical aid will be sent to the Nurse's office. Please see school nurse for accidents and injuries that occur outside of P.E.
In order to be excused from/modify class activities the student must bring a SIGNED AND DATED note which includes why the student is being excused/modified from the parent/Physician. All notes must be presented ON the same day of class . If the student needs to be excused for more than 3 school days, a doctor’s note is required. This note must be on file with the P.E. Instructor.
Students are allowed two days of medical non-participation per quarter. Additional days missed will result in a non-participation and the student will be encouraged to participate in P.E. make-ups (during Plus Period).
MODIFIED activity days are not considered as "non-participation".
1. MODIFIED PHYSICAL EDUCATION: is for those students with chronic conditions that may limit their participation in physical education. Examples would be.. scoliosis, Osgood-Schlatter’s, IBS, and some forms of asthma. These students are required to have a MODIFIED PHYSICAL EDUCATION form completed by their physician. This will help the Physical Education staff develop a plan so the student can safely participate in class activities. (see chronic conditions above)
2. EXEMPTION: is for students who are physically unable to participate in any activity during class due to permanent illness or injury. These students will meet with their counselor to work on placement. These students will not earn credit for the semester from which they are exempted.
3. MEDICAL WITHDRAWL: is for those students who become ill or injured during the school year and are unable to continue, or will miss 6 weeks ore more of class activity. These students will be referred to their counselor as soon as the P.E. teacher receives medical documentation. These students will not earn credit for the semester in which they withdraw.