The most critical thing to consider when looking at colleges is the match between college and student. Finding a college that offers a major you want is great, but chances are your interests and major will change before you graduate. Make sure the school is a good fit and feel for all of your needs, not just academic. Consider things like:
- How many students are there?
- How big (or small) are the classes?
- What is the distance from home?
- What is the weather like?
- Do most students live on or off campus?
- What sports and clubs are available?
The answer to these questions will be different for every student, so it is strongly advised that students make independent decisions and not be influenced by where their friends are applying.