If you will be attending a California State University you will need to take an English Placement Test (EPT) or Entry Level Mathematics Exam (ELM).
Information on the exams can be found here: http://www.ets.org/s/csu/pdf/csu_information_bulletin.pdf 
There are exemptions based on your CAASPP, SAT, ACT or AP Test Scores. Information on exemptions can be found here: https://www.calstate.edu/SAS/ept-elm-exemptions.shtml